Hi everyone! Hope 2018 is going good so far!😀🎉🎊
Yes. The title you read was right. You’re finally going to reuse those popsicle sticks you have been collecting or what you sight lying around aimlessly into a fantastic DIY! Actually, I’m going to be showing you all, 2 Easy Peasy DIY projects using popsicle sticks!😀🌵🐧( Yea, I have now given my cacti and penguin equal rights to appear countlessly on my texts, so that now they appear together everywhere!😆🐧🌵)
The First DIY project is a popsicle stick DIY coaster for your very own mug! You can finally cover your mug and take occasional sips of coffee without bothering about nosy insects hovering about! 😆
For this project, you will be requiring,
- Popsicle sticks ( I have the coloured ones, but even the normal ones are alright)
- A piece of cardboard which should be cut according to the size of your coaster.
- A little adornment on the front of the coaster to add a finished look! I wrote a little quote and then added some rhinestones on it and glued it to the coaster.
- Take the piece of cardboard and simply glue your popsicle sticks onto them. ( You get to decide if your coaster has got the popsicle sticks horizontally or vertically)
- Let it dry and meanwhile decorate the front of the coaster so that it looks all nice and pretty
- After it has dried, test it by simply keeping a mug on top and checking the coaster’s stability.
You’re now ready to go! You now have your Very own customized DIY popsicle stick coaster! This is also a very eco friendly DIY project and I’m very proud of myself because you see, even if it’s in a little way, I’m still contributing to Planet Earth!🌏
The second DIY project are these adorable and convenient bookmarks! The perfect gift for a bookworm!
I think this is pretty self explanatory 😆 but still let me explain how you do it.
You will be requiring,
- Popsicle sticks
- Rhinestones, or any adornment ( it should be able to fit into the popsicle stick though)
- Washi tape ( not compulsory)
Simply get your creative skills out and get decorating now!
This is such an easy and convenient project and totally worth it in the end!
Yay! My first DIY post! Hope you all enjoyed it and let me know if you tried it out!🌵🐧😀🎊🎉
Oh, I almost forgot!
On the 1st of January I reached one month of blogging! Woohoo! *Parties with too much of donuts and cheese sandwiches*
I started my blog on the 1st of December 2017! So it’s exactly one month for January 1st 2018! Yay! Yay! Yay!
What did you think of this DIY post? Did you enjoy it? Let me know of your thoughts in the comments below!